Today in the Sugatsune Blog, we are spotlighting our ESR-SC4513 Series Full Extension Soft Close Slides for Drawers. Our design with these stainless steel soft close drawer slides is a world’s first, offering improved durability and performance with good economics.
ESR-SC4513 Series stainless steel soft-closing slides are ideally suited for:
- Outdoor applications such as outdoor kitchens, storage or on marine products where usage is in corrosive environments.
- Busy work settings such as healthcare facilities, manufacturing plants, , retail shop counters, and hospitality where reducing environmental noise from drawers slamming is a must while not having to worry about the hardware rusting.
Thoughtfulness in Design Creates a Sense of Habitability
The ESR-SC4513 Series is one of our most innovative entries in our collection of full extension drawer slides. These stainless steel soft-closing slides will add value to projects subject to corrosive environments and are a great way to elevate the application by giving the end user the sense that every detail was considered in its development. This is an often-forgotten aspect of habitability in our modern price-sensitive era of cheap construction, but it is greatly appreciated by users when present in a space.
At Sugatsune America, we are always mindful that big ideas like habitability and caring for the user can be expressed through the littlest things, even these side mount soft close drawer slides.
Key Features Deliver Superior Performance
The ESR-SC4513 Series of stainless steel soft-closing slides is built to deliver superior performance for the end user through precision engineering of its inner and outer members down to the stainless steel ball bearings that facilitate its smooth function. Here are some of these slides’ most remarkable selling points:
- Grade 304 stainless steel construction on all slide members, rivets, and ball bearings is sturdy and won’t warp or corrode over time.
- Soft-close feature ensures that drawers close completely and never slam shut.
- Drawer movement is completely smooth and almost totally noiseless.
- Hold-in detent of up to 1.5 lbf (700 gf) keeps drawers in the intended position.
- Slides fully extend, allowing drawers to open all the way out.
Meet the Full Product Lineup
We produce the ESR-SC4513 Series of side mount soft close drawer slides in seven sizes, covering most drawer applications:
Stainless Steel Soft-Closing Drawer Slides
|Model Number||Travel Length||Load Rating|
|ESR-SC4513-16||15–3/4” (400 mm)||82 lbs. (37 kg)|
|ESR-SC4513-18||17–23/32” (450 mm)||79 lbs. (36 kg)|
|ESR-SC4513-20||19–11/16” (500 mm)||77 lbs. (35 kg)|
|ESR-SC4513-22||21–21/32” (550 mm)||75 lbs. (34 kg)|
|ESR-SC4513-24||23–5/8” (600 mm)||73 lbs. (33 kg)|
|ESR-SC4513-26||25–19/32” (650 mm)||70 lbs. (32 kg)|
|ESR-SC4513-28||27–9/16” (700 mm)||68 lbs. (31 kg)|
Additional Product Specifications
Here are some important specifications about ESR-SC4513 side mount soft close drawer slides:
- Slides are handed, with specific left and right-hand mounting. They are sold in matching pairs and are color-coded, with blue on the left-hand side and red on the right.
- Note that the release lever operates by pressing downward on the left-hand side and upward on the right-hand side.
- Inner slide member and outer slide member clearance provided for screws 8 mm × 2 mm HT.
- Mount slides with M4 or #8 Binding, Pan, or Truss head screws.
- The stainless steel is quite heft, with each pair of slides weighing roughly between 2 and 4¼ lbs. (approx. 1 – 2 kg).
For product dimensions and additional information, see these stainless steel soft-closing slides in our catalog:
Installation Is Simple and Convenient
These three-member, full extension, side mount, soft close drawer slides are straightforward to install. As with most drawer slides, getting your alignments right is the only real part of the task that requires finesse.
We’ve prepared a handy two-page installation guide to help you with the installation of ESR-SC4513 stainless steel soft-closing slides:
You can also contact us directly if you have questions or are encountering any difficulties.
Special Note: Positioning the Ball Bearing Carriage Correctly
When reconnecting the drawer member with the cabinet member in our ESR-SC4513 Series stainless steel soft-closing slides, follow these instructions:
- Position the ball bearing carriage on the cabinet member fully at the front of the cabinet member, so that it is up against the colored carriage stop.
- Gently slide the drawer member into the cabinet member so that it immediately makes contact with the ball-bearing carriage. After this, the drawer member will slide in smoothly. The connection is complete once you hear the click.
If the ball bearing carriage on these side mount soft close drawer slides is left in a random position, centered along the track, or pushed all the way to the back of the track, and then the drawer member is forced into it, this can damage the first two ranks of ball bearings on the carriage.
We’ve gotten some feedback from customers whose work crews have had trouble with this step out in the field, sometimes resulting in damage. The proper carriage positioning on these ESR-SC4513 stainless steel soft-closing slides is clearly indicated in the installation manual, but can be easy to miss if you are trying to do a blind or fast installation—so we wanted to draw extra attention to it in this product spotlight.
See our quick, handy YouTube video for a visual demonstration of the proper carriage positioning:
Also Available Without Soft Close
If you’re interested in these side mount soft close drawer slides without the soft close function, then the ESR-DC4513 Series is exactly what you’re looking for. These stainless steel soft-closing slides:
- Offer a significantly higher weight capacity.
- Use the same 304 stainless steel construction.
- Feature precision design features, including smooth travel and positive stop.
- Are available in all the same sizes plus an extended range of smaller sizes.
Stainless Steel Drawer Slides without Soft Close
|Model Number||Travel Length||Load Rating|
|ESR-DC4513-8||7–7/8” (200 mm)||119 lbs. (54 kg)|
|ESR-DC4513-10||9–27/32” (250 mm)||115 lbs. (52 kg)|
|ESR-DC4513-12||11–13/16” (300 mm)||111 lbs. (50 kg)|
|ESR-DC4513-14||13–25/32” (350 mm)||108 lbs. (49 kg)|
|ESR-DC4513-16||15–3/4” (400 mm)||104 lbs. (47 kg)|
|ESR-DC4513-18||17–23/32” (450 mm)||100 lbs. (46 kg)|
|ESR-DC4513-20||19–11/16” (500 mm)||97 lbs. (44 kg)|
|ESR-DC4513-22||21–21/32” (550 mm)||94 lbs. (43 kg)|
|ESR-DC4513-24||23–5/8” (600 mm)||92 lbs. (42 kg)|
|ESR-DC4513-26||25–19/32” (650 mm)||90 lbs. (41 kg)|
|ESR-DC4513-28||27–9/16” (700 mm)||87 lbs. (40 kg)|
Find Slides and More at Sugatsune America
That, in a nutshell, is our ESR-SC4513 Series of full extension, stainless steel soft-closing slides.
To see more about what Sugatsune America can do for your project:
- Explore our full collection of drawer slides and linear guides to see what else we can offer your project.
- Check out our product literature to explore our entire inventory of over 6,000 hardware components.
- Contact us for any questions about these side mount soft close drawer slides, or for help finding other products.