Secure Loads with a Latching Hook
A specialty within our Hooks Department, latching hooks secure loads with an extender arm that opens and shuts, fully surrounding the hooked object and providing added peace of mind. Our metal latch hooks are ideal for use in:
- High-vibration settings such as factories
- Marine applications
- Windy locations
- On mobile carts and trolleys
- In vehicles, including trains and airplanes.
- Pet or animal friendly environments
Meeting Different Needs
We offer several different latching hook models to meet the needs of different customers.
- Some metal latch hook options swivel for added utility.
- Some models are NSF certified for use in food production/food preparation environments.
- Some models feature RoHS compliance, regarding the European Union’s restrictions on hazardous substances.
- Most of our hooks bear a good amount of weight and are suitable for use as industrial hooks. Some models can support loads as high as 132 pounds.
- Some models use Grade 304 stainless steel, while others use Grade 316.
Each model is different, so be sure to check the product specifications for details.
Grade 304 Stainless vs Grade 316 Stainless
Our metal latch hook collection consists of solid stainless steel hooks that are constructed either of Grade 304 or Grade 316 stainless steel. Both grades are austenitic, meaning that they have excellent tolerance for heat and cold and are essentially not magnetic.
Their top benefit, of course, is corrosion resistance, which is increasingly important in many industries and is also desired by designers for its pleasant aesthetics.
Both grades of steel are excellent for use as commercial or industrial hooks, or for virtually any other setting, from homes to hospitals.
The two grades do have some differences, so make sure you check out the product specifications before making a purchase to see which type of steel is used for a given metal latch hook.
Grade 304 Stainless
The most popular stainless steel in the world, Grade 304 resists corrosion from most oxidizing acids and won’t rust or corrode when rinsed off or exposed to rain. However, it isn’t recommended for use in outdoor marine environments or in situations with high exposure to salt or other chlorides.
Grade 316 Stainless
The addition of molybdenum makes this grade of steel suitable for use in salty / high-chloride environments, at the tradeoff of a slightly higher price point. Grade 316 construction makes for particularly durable industrial hooks when corrosion resistance is a top concern.
Explore More Sugatsune Hooks
For more product information, check out the individual pages for each hook model, or read the metal latch hooks section of our Hooks Catalog.
Add Value to Your Project with Better Hardware
For over 40 years, Sugatsune America has been building the future with better hardware in the U.S.. We are an AS9120 B and ISO 9001:2015 certified company, and our products are frequently used in aviation.