MC-159U-STSTAINLESS STEEL COUNTER PLATE (Back Mount)
MC-YN001U-BLBLACK STRIKE PLATE FOR:
MC0083-NEXTRA STRONG HEAVY DUTY MAGNETIC CATCH
MC-0083HEAVY DUTY MAGNETIC CATCH
MC-0083DHEAVY DUTY MAGNETIC CATCH
MCH-105HEAVY DUTY MAGNETIC CATCH
MCH-40HEAVY DUTY MAGNETIC CATCH
MCH-50HEAVY DUTY MAGNETIC CATCH
Many Design Options Available
Just like our conventional non-magnetic catch and latch hardware, we offer our cabinet magnets in different shapes, sizes, and materials to align with the scope of your project and suit your exact requirements:
- Simple ferrite magnets that provide an excellent value proposition for small and/or light-duty applications.
- Neodymium magnets that offer more holding power per unit of size than ferrite ones, and excellent resistance to demagnetization over the long term.
- Heavy duty magnets with more holding power—up to 30+ lbs. of force, more than 10 times higher than our standard magnets—ideal for heavier doors and doors that open downward.
- High temperature samarium–cobalt magnets capable of withstanding operating environments of up to 480° F (250° C). Magnets lose some of their holding power as they get hotter, so high-temp magnets are a must in extreme environments.
- Miniature, thin, and ultra-thin magnetic cabinet catch design options, ideal for a variety of tight spaces.
- Sealed magnetic catches featuring silicone rubber noise dampening for quality of life.
- Snap-in holders for when you need to install cabinet magnets into sheet metal.
- Stainless steel options available for corrosion resistance and improved durability.
- NSF certification for food service applications.
- Counterplates / strike plates available on their own when you want to purchase them separately.
Go Magnetic for Accessibility and Ease of Use
At Sugatsune we strive to uphold the accessibility principles of Universal Design. Magnetic catches are easier to use, as they do not require any turning action to operate as with a knob or handle: Simply pull them to open, and push to close. It’s that easy.
Not only that, but a magnetic cabinet catch offers consistent, reliable door retention performance that you can count on: With cabinet magnets, the operator never has to worry about whether a latch has properly engaged: If a door looks shut, it’s really shut. This improves safety and streamlines workflows.
Find More Hardware Solutions for Your Project
For decades, Sugatsune America has been a trusted source for precision-engineered hardware. Our catalogs feature over 6,000 products, with more added every year in response to feedback and requests from architects, project managers, facilities maintenance managers, contractors, and other customers just like you.
We are an AS9120 B and ISO 9001:2015 certified company, and a trusted go-to for many different industries, from design–build to aviation. We believe, like you do, that investing in high-quality, durable hardware that performs well is an incredible value proposition to the end user and a great addition to any project.
For assistance finding the right cabinet magnets or answers to your magnetic cabinet catch questions, or for any other needs, see our digital resources or contact our support team and we will be happy to help you out!